Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Our Modern Farmhouse Kitchen Inspiration

I've already posted some of the progress of our massive kitchen makeover (see Cabinet Painting Part I, Part II, and Part III), but I've never really shared the overall vision for the kitchen.

Even though I have a Pinterest board with plenty of ideas for kitchen inspiration, I thought I'd put together a little vision board here because A) it's helpful to see all the specific products together and B) it's just fun to create one! I'm calling it this "modern farmhouse" but with all of the blending of styles out there these days, who really knows? All I know is I'm a fan of mixing and matching different materials, finishes, and textures to create something unique and individualized. 

If you haven't been following along up until this point, we will also have white distressed upper cabinets, and dark gray distressed lower cabinets.

The only things we've actually ordered so far are the pendant lights and the cabinet hardware, but I think we're fairly set on the rest of it. I'm sure I'll share an update with final selections once our kitchen is done, but let's face it -- that's weeks (if not months) down the road.  In the meantime, sources below!




[ via 1800lighting.com ]

[ via menards.com ]

[ via lumberliquidators.com ]

[ via amazon.com ]

[ via amazon.com ]

[ via wayfair.com ]

It's worth noting that once the oak countertops are sealed/oiled, they'll probably be a little darker than what the stock picture shows.

And, we're still debating on the mosaic tile -- Menards also has a Copper Medley style.  But the all-silver tile may add more of that "modern" contrast we're going for. So of course I had to swap it out for another vision board!



What do you think?? We'll probably just have to bring home a sample of each tile once we have the butcher block countertops installed.


NOTE:
Little House on the Corner is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails