Monday, December 15, 2014

Christmas Decor Tour

In case you didn't know, Christmas is next week. (How is that possible??) In the spirit of the season, I thought I'd share a few photos of some of my favorite decorations. Typically I lean toward a traditional combo of red, green, and gold or silver (although I've noticed that bright colors like pink and turquoise have been making an appearance in Christmas decorations this year). 

I scored these silver sparkly faux branches on sale after Christmas last year. They're displayed in a nice glass vase filled with gold pine cones. Easy peasy and elegant.


These are the DIY Christmas vases that I made several years ago. I like having them nestled in the green garland like this. It adds some visual weight and texture. 

Cloches make it easy to switch out decor for different seasons! Filling it with Christmas ornaments is so simple yet classy.


This year my sparkly DIY tabletop trees are paired with a pillar candle in a decorative wire lantern. I just wrapped some coordinating tinsel garland around the base of the candle to tie it all together. This is actually the first LED candle I've ever bought and I really like it. It gives off a nice glow.In case you're interested, here's how I made the medallion mirrors.


And of course... the Christmas tree! It's the same tree we've had for six years but I still love it. It's a great fit for the space in front of our big picture window. 

I'm really digging how all the decorations look with our newly-painted gray walls too.

Happy Holidays everyone!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails