Sunday, June 14, 2015

Gray Matters: A Gray Paint Transformation (Part II)

So it occurred to me that I teased about my new gray paint job way back in November, and then never blogged about it again. Whoops. Bad blogger, bad! I'm sure you were all losing sleep over it, right? Not to worry, my friends. Seven months later, here is the full reveal!

You can visit Part I to see the 'before' pictures, but here's a little collage as a quick reminder. Our walls used to be a very warm beige (almost gold?), with a dark reddish hallway and stairwell. Those were the colors the interior was painted when we bought the house as the first owners. 


Ten gallons of paint later, the transformation was complete. I loved it then, and I'm still really happy with it. It feels fresh, modern, and airy. Because I've already drug this out long enough, here are the after pictures!


Most of the walls are painted Rocky Bluffs by Valspar (except color matched to Behr). For the most part, I really dig it. With that said, it's quite the chameleon color. There are certain times of day when, depending on the light, it takes on the slightest blue tint. The type of light bulb also has a big effect on it. And, I think the fact that our trim has a slight orange-y hue to it doesn't help either. Painting all of our woodwork white is also on my to-do list, and I think it will make a world of difference. But I digress...

For added interest, we did a darker color on the wall that divides our living room from our hallway/stairwell. That color is Behr's Gray Suede, and it's pretty fabulous.



I love the way our gallery wall picture frames pop against the gray wall.




Love the walls, but now I hate our cabinets/doors/trim even more. Sigh.


Behr Gray Suede on the wall behind the ladder shelf (above) and TV (below). 


Lastly, I just quickly want to share the product that I've used for edging along the ceiling in all the rooms I've painted.  The Shur-Line Paint Premium Edger has worked pretty well for me and I personally prefer it over taping.  



So what do you think of the transformation? I'd love to know if you've had any experience with "gray matters" when it comes to painting. It can be such a tricky color!


NOTE: Little House on the Corner is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails