Thursday, July 3, 2014

Crazy About Quatrefoil

Has anyone else noticed that quatrefoil is making more and more appearances in home decor lately? Apparently this decorative element--which means "four leaves" in Latin--had its peak popularity during the Gothic and Renaissance eras (thanks, Wikipedia). Well, I think it's safe to say that quatrefoil is enjoying a pretty big comeback. Even if you don't know it by the name, you'll probably recognize the pattern. 

Here are a few favorites I found while perusing the Interwebs. I love how they all put a fresh, contemporary spin on the traditional shape of the quatrefoil.















This mirrored wall clock is actually in our house;
I bought it from Hobby Lobby several weeks ago.


I'm diggin' it all... what do you think? Is quatrefoil here to stay? 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ok I am totally obsessed too!! I love love quatrefoil and my house is full of it :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails