Sunday, December 30, 2012

Master Bedroom Makeover Part II: The Reveal

Awhile back, I showed off the new curtains I made for our bedroom. They're not perfect by any means, but if you had "temporary" paper shades on your windows for 4 years, you'd understand why it was such a big deal.




The other part of the bedroom makeover was a simple bedding change, but I think it made a big difference. I was tired of the comforter we had and wanted something that would lighten up the room. With all of our dark brown furniture and the dark brown comforter, it was just too much. Having resigned myself to the fact that we aren't going to get around to painting our bedroom any time soon, I wanted something that would still coordinate with the existing wall color. (And, as usual, I didn't want to spend much money on it.)

Before I go on, let's look at some before pictures of the bedroom...






So, I was able to find a crazy cheap bed-in-a-bag set at Anna's Linens for $30 (plus shipping). I'd never ordered anything from that site before, but this was a deal I couldn't resist. The order processed and shipped pretty quickly. Now, I will admit that the quality of the bedding isn't what you'd find at a 4-star hotel or anything (no shocker there, considering the price). With that said, it's good enough for me and even though the comforter doesn't feel heavy, it actually keeps me quite warm at night (which is saying a lot, especially with the frigid temps we've had lately).

Finally, I decided that a couple of throw pillows would make the bed look more complete and "grown-up," and I found a two-pack at Bed Bath & Beyond for only $10. Score! The combined cost of the curtains and bedding was about $60, and I think these changes made a big impact in the room. See for yourself!

AFTER:






The overall feel of the room is much lighter now. I like the brown palm frond pattern because it's tropical without being "cheesy" tropical, and it makes me feel like I'm on a vacation all the time! (Okay, I don't really feel like that, but it's a nice thought.)

So, what makeover projects do you have planned for the new year?



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails