Monday, July 25, 2011

$6 Summer Wreath (better late than never)

Sadly enough, this little wreath has been several months in the making. It didn't literally take me several months to make, but let's just say I've been wanting one ever since it was supposed to be a spring wreath. The only problem was, I couldn't find the right kind of greenery I was looking for and still stay within my usual cheapskate budget.

Then all of a sudden, things started falling into place last week.  I unexpectedly found this wreath at Goodwill for $2.49.  Score #1.


Then I found this interesting faux flower thing at Hobby Lobby for about $3. It had a bunch of narrow yellow/green leaves, along with small white and yellow buds. The leaves and stems had tiny wires in them, so they'd be easy to stick into my wreath. It was like it was made exactly for the purpose I wanted. Score #2!


So, as I previously alluded to, all I did was cut off the leaves and stems with wire cutters (I only used about half of them). Then I just tucked them into the wreath far enough so it felt like they wouldn't fall out.


About 30 minutes later, I ended up with this.


And here it is, giving our front door a little extra flair. Simple and pretty, but not too flowery.



On second thought, it may be a little on the puny side, but oh well. It does the job, and the price was right!








  Weekend Bloggy Reading

6 comments:

Danielle and Clint said...

That is so darling on your front door! I think it actually brings out the purple more! Great job!

Lori Comeau said...

I like it. Simple but elegant.
http://lorisartsyobsession.blogspot.com/

TyTynNiyasmom said...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Keep checking the goodwill because they have some great finds, including cricuts. That's where I got mine:) we've been in our home for 2 1/2 hrs, so I will definately be checking back.

Kristi said...

This is so awesome! I .love the look and the price. I better look harder for bargains, lol.
Kristi

Sara @ Russet Street Reno said...

That is a cutie, Amanda! I do NO seasonal decor except for plants in the summer, so this is a cool thing to me.

xl pharmacy said...

wow this stuff is incredible! perfect for Christmas!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails