Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Coastal Bathroom Shelves and Styling

There was a major development in our house over the weekend, folks. The wall behind the toilet in our hall bathroom, which had been bare for months, finally got some new shelves. It may not seem that newsworthy, but trust me, it's a big deal. 



Let me rewind just a bit...

We used to have a metal etagere over the toilet, but when we installed our new flooring I ended up moving it into our master bathroom just to get some much-needed storage there. Plus, I wanted an excuse to get some new shelving in the hall bathroom which gets more visibility.

Initially the thought was that we would make our own chunky floating shelves with some leftover butcher block from our [still-in-progress] kitchen renovation. Well, that's another story entirely, but let's just say the bathroom shelves haven't exactly taken priority these past several months. 

So I took matters into my own hands and decided to just buy something for once, rather than feeling like we always have to make it ourselves (which left me feeling slightly ashamed yet liberated all at once). While at Hobby Lobby recently, I came across these  cool shelves.

First of all, the silvery finish on the wood happens to coordinate really well with my wall mirror from Target -- how was I supposed to pass that up? And the fact that the shelves were 50% off just sealed the deal. For a grand total of $35, the instant gratification of getting something on the walls would be well worth it.

I enlisted the hubby to help install the shelves, because let's face it, he's just quicker and better at these types of things than I am. Other than deciding to use our own anchors rather than the provided ones, it was pretty straight-forward. And the end result looked just like I'd envisioned it in my head. 




I didn't waste any time pulling out all the decorative items that had been stashed away since earlier this summer. Now the beachy/coastal vibe I've been going for finally felt complete. Pardon me while I share an unnecessary amount of shelfies...








What do you think of the new shelves? Are you more of the type to DIY it or just buy it? 

Stay tuned... soon I'll share a full-fledged "before and after" of this bathroom with more details! (Because you know I'm going to milk this makeover for all it's worth.)










No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails