Then all of a sudden, things started falling into place last week. I unexpectedly found this wreath at Goodwill for $2.49. Score #1.
Then I found this interesting faux flower thing at Hobby Lobby for about $3. It had a bunch of narrow yellow/green leaves, along with small white and yellow buds. The leaves and stems had tiny wires in them, so they'd be easy to stick into my wreath. It was like it was made exactly for the purpose I wanted. Score #2!
So, as I previously alluded to, all I did was cut off the leaves and stems with wire cutters (I only used about half of them). Then I just tucked them into the wreath far enough so it felt like they wouldn't fall out.
About 30 minutes later, I ended up with this.
And here it is, giving our front door a little extra flair. Simple and pretty, but not too flowery.
On second thought, it may be a little on the puny side, but oh well. It does the job, and the price was right!