Sunday, November 15, 2009

Here goes nothin'!


Welcome to my blog!

Even though my husband and I have been living in our little house on the corner for over a year and a half now, I just recently decided to start a blog to document our adventures as first-time homeowners. In a short period of time, we've already managed to get a lot done (which I'll recount in "flashbacks"), but our little abode still has much more in store for us.  Turns out it takes a lot of work to turn a brand new house into a home!

The picture above is what our house looks like now. Below is what it looked like when we first bought it. Pretty barren. So how did we get this far? You'll have to stay tuned for all the juicy dirt. Pun intended.


For those of you who haven't fallen asleep yet, there are a few reasons I wanted to start a blog:
1) To act not only as my own personal journal for keeping track of everything we're doing, but also as a sounding board to get feedback and ideas from others out there who are going through the same experiences -- whether they're first-time homeowners or not.
2) To keep my family and friends up to date on our adventures. I was already e-mailing them every time we complete a project anyway, so why not put it on this nifty little blog instead?
3) While I'm not vain enough to think that my home improvement blog is some earth-shattering new concept, I do hope that maybe I can even inspire someone else every once in awhile.

Speaking of inspiration, now seems like a good time to give a shout out to my sister before I sign off. She's got a great blog, The Yellow Front Door, and encouraged me to become a fellow blogger as well.

Whew... my first post! That felt good. My goal is to write at least once a week, so I hope you'll check back in regularly to see what we're getting ourselves into next!




1 comment:

Chelsea said...

I think this is very cool. I am looking forward to what you and Luke will teach me about renovating and home projects!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails