Friday, November 20, 2009

Clean Sweep

So, I had the day off work today and what did I choose to do with my time?  Lounge on the couch watching TV? Spend the day outside enjoying the unseasonably beautiful weather? No, for the last five or so hours, I've been doing some serious house-cleaning. Dusting, vacuuming, scrubbing the bathroom tub, shower and floors... I even managed to get all the laundry done. Am I crazy to spend my vacation day doing this? Perhaps. But let me tell you, it felt pretty darn good. Plus, not a bad workout. And now I can chillax the rest of the weekend.

How do you feel about cleaning house? Do you dread it, or do you find it therapeutic? What part of cleaning makes you cringe the most?


7 comments:

Marleah said...

Hello! :) Ah, cleaning house. Ryan and I are rarely home at the same time, so housework was the cause of much frustration - I was frustrated coming home from work at 9:30pm to find (what I thought was) nothing done and Ryan watching TV on the couch, and then I felt like I had to use my precious days off for cleaning. Well, Ryan insisted that he really was doing more than it seemed. So we had to make a CHART! That hangs on the fridge! This way I can tell what HAS gotten done, plus it gives Ryan an idea of what I expect to have done (because I'm definitely the OCD one in this relationship). Anyway, just had to share. Glad you're blogging!! I might have to dust mine off once I get this semester out of the way.

Sara @ Russet Street Reno said...

HATE IT! But it does feel good when it's done, doesn't it?

Amanda @ Little House on the Corner said...

Molly - You do what you gotta do! hehe. I do most of the indoor cleaning, but Luke keeps our lawn looking good, so I figure that's a pretty fair trade-off. I'll definitely follow you if/when you get your blog back up and running! (that sounds kinda creepy...)

Sara - Yes, there's something to be said about feeling productive!

micah said...

I feel like I am constantly cleaning up after 2 dogs (and a husband). The worst is toilet cleaning. Good idea to do all the cleaning on Friday and enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

Sharon@Sharon at Home said...

I hate everything about cleaning. I entertain a lot so that I have to clean before people arrive!!!

Unknown said...

I hate cleaning! I'm more a 'burst' cleaner I'll get really into and keep eveything spotless...then I'll give up for a while

Amy @ Design-Aholic said...

OMG, I do the same thing. I don't really tell people what I do on my days off from work because they'd certainly think I was crazy. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails