Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Crafty Bottles

[Alternate post title: An excuse to drink more!]

So we've had an empty Disaronno bottle on our kitchen counter for the past few weeks. I didn't want to throw it out, although I'm not sure why. After my last bottle project from Christmas, I just knew there was probably some potential.

Yum.

I turned to (what else?) my Pinterest boards for inspiration and found these in particular:



With these ideas in mind, I headed to Joann's and bought a roll of jute for $2.49. After soaking the bottle in hot water to get the label off, I settled in with my glue gun and began wrapping... and wrapping. I just glued at the corners every few rows or so, to keep it all in place.


About a half hour later, I ended up with this:


It seemed a little lonely by itself though, so I stole another random bottle/vase from a different room in the house and gave it a jute makeover too. I'm kinda diggin' them.


And I've still got plenty of jute to spare! Not bad for $2.49. So, what crafty things have you done with empty bottles?


Linking up to:

11 comments:

Unknown said...

that's a cute idea

Janel from NellieBellie said...

jute and bottles...a love affair! Very cool idea!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! This looks like something that would be like $30 at Crate & Barrel! LOVE IT! I'd love it if you stopped by my linky party and link up one of your favorite posts! www.serendipityandspice.blogspot.com
-Melissa

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Those bottles are really fun! We'd love to see you join our Be Inspired link party on Tuesday!

Sara @ Russet Street Reno said...

Those look really great - I can see someone paying good money for them if they were at World Market or something!

Oona Johnson said...

Very crafty. And I agree with Sara - they look store bought. That's the best kind of results. Yaay!

I did this same thing with some skinny white candlesticks I bought at Ikea a few years back... But I got bored with the project halfway and the middle one is still half wrapped with a ball of skinny hemp string hanging from it! lol

Anonymous said...

Super cute! :)

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Really cute! I love the texture! Thanks for linking up!

minerva @ deer valley homes for sale said...

These cool bottles can be very nice and adorable vases! :D

Crafts Supplies said...

This is really educational and very informative in this subject.

Crafts Supplies Online Store

sunset canvas said...

Wow that's a really creative idea, love it and who doesn't want an excuse to have a few more drinks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails