My ego is swelling with pride. Why, you ask? Well, I was just presented with my very first blog award! This is probably not a big deal to most of you, but it made my day! In fact, not just one, but two lovely ladies bestowed upon me the Happy 101 Award.
Thanks to Hip House Girl and http://www.thriftylittleblog.com/ for sharing the love! These are two blogs that I frequent often and get lots of great ideas from.
So as the protocol goes, here are ten random things that make me happy:
1. Sitting out on our deck on a warm, sunny day (Dear Spring: Please return soon. I miss you.)
2. Tropical, fruity drinks (strawberry dacquiris, pina coladas, etc.)
3. Our crazy cat Phoebe (you'll learn all about her one of these days)
4. The feeling I get after a good house-cleaning
5. Target (hellooo, clearance rack!)
6. My quesadilla maker
7. NBC Thursday - The Office and 30 Rock
9. When I occasionally beat my husband Luke at ping-pong (he's really good at everything, and really competitive)10. Luke. The truth is, I'd be pretty much helpless without him, especially when it comes to big home improvement projects. The boy knows his stuff
As you can see from my list over there on the left, there are a lot of house blogs that I check out on a regular basis. They're all fab, but I tried to pick only ten that really inspire me - I can hardly keep up with all their nifty projects! (If you're reading this and have already received this award - as I'm sure many of you have - don't feel obligated to post it again :)
2. Life with the Whitmans
3. Tearing Up Houses
4. Hennessy House
5. Russet Street Reno
6. The Yellow Front Door
7. Welcome to my humble ablog!
8. The Newlyweds' Paradise
9. Transforming Home
10. Chic Little House
Thanks to everyone for making my blogging experience so much fun! I'm signing off now before I get too emotional and carried away. ;)