Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Recipe of the Week: Fruit Salsa

Now that it's officially summer, I thought it quite appropriate to post this great summer-time recipe, which I happened to make this past weekend. It’s so easy and so delicious - especially during strawberry season!

Fresh Fruit Salsa
1 lb. strawberries
1 cup raspberries
2 golden apples
4 kiwis
2 tbsp. sugar (or more to taste)

Dice all fruits and mix together in large bowl. Add sugar and stir well. Chill at least 15 minutes.  (I have also used a food processor to pulse the fruit on low speed a few times until it’s not quite pureed but still chunky.) You could also add any other type of fruit you want (peaches, mango, papaya, pineapple, etc.)


Sweet Tortilla Chips
10-inch flour tortillas
Butter spray (I used Parkay)
Sugar with cinnamon mixed in to taste

Spray tortilla shells one at a time with butter spray. Sprinkle cinnamon/sugar mixture over tortilla shell. Coverage can be thick or thin, depending on personal taste (I use a lot). Spray again with butter spray (this will give them a nice crusty yumminess). Use a pizza cutter to cut tortillas into wedges or strips. Spread on single layer on baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes (or until golden brown and crispy). Cool slightly before serving.


The chips are good enough to eat on their own, but dip them in the salsa and oh my! Everyone loves this stuff. And that’s about all I have to say about that. The pictures speak for themselves!



What are your favorite summer-time snacks?



   

2 comments:

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

Those chips sound awesome. Yummy!

Lisa said...

When I saw the title, "Fruit Salsa," I thought, man wouldn't this be good with some cinnamon chips. Then, I saw that you had made those as well. Perfect combo! Regarding your question about the KAF cookies, I don't think it matters what type of flour you use. I used Gold Medal since that's what I always have and they tasted great. I'm sure that whatever brand you use will work just fine. And I love your idea of giving it in a log. Neat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails