It seems like it will be in the far-off future when it gets done (let alone the entire basement). But according to Luke, once we get our hole filled back in with concrete, the construction will start going pretty quickly. So I’ve come to the realization that I (we) actually do need to start making some design decisions soon.
And before I go any further, here's a reminder of what our basic floor plan will look like:
So after a few trips to Lowe’s and Home Depot to browse the bathroom fixtures and tile, I wasn’t really feelin’ anything I saw (except for some mosaic tile at HD). So I turned to the internet and became immediately overwhelmed with all the choices, of course.
I’ve seen mood boards on all sorts of other blogs, but now I finally realize how helpful they can be in a situation like this when you’re essentially starting from scratch and need some direction. So my new mission was to put together some ideas and concepts for what I (we) envision in the bathroom.
And since we're building it from the ground up, we know that we have a chance to do something really cool and different from our upstairs bathrooms, so we want to take advantage of that (without spending an arm and a leg).
I wasn’t really sure where to start, but it seemed to make sense to find a sink first and then base the rest of the elements around that. We finally narrowed it down to three sinks – all vessels, but all unique styles. And based on the prices and reviews, I think any one of these sinks is a very realistic option.
From there, I just searched numerous sites to try and find other major elements… namely, the faucet, vanity, tile, and mirror. I haven’t even gotten into shower faucets or toilets yet, so my mood boards are still a little incomplete. Also, the tile would just be for the shower and possibly the wall behind the sink. We're thinking of doing a stained concrete floor.
I know there are so many other choices out there that I haven’t even stumbled upon, but there are only so many hours in the day! So these three concepts below are what I’ve come up with for my initial inspiration. Oh, and I didn’t even pay any attention to costs, so I’m pretty sure a lot of these products would be way out of our budget. But again, it’s just for inspiration. So with that said...
Shades of Gray
1. Bianca 30" Wall-Mounted Modern Bathroom Vanity - Espresso
2. Hampton Bay Brushed Nickel Finish Wall Sconce
3. Quadrate Glossy Black Beveled Wall Mirror
4. Parisian White Vitreous China Vessel Lavatory Sink
5. Executive Vessel Sink Faucet with Metal Lever Handles
6. Coastal Keystones - Tropical Thunder Mosaic Tile
7. Molten Glass Tile - Silver Moon
Classic & Copper
1. Tackwood Vanity Light in Burnished Bronze
2. Tuscan Rustic Large Wall Mirror
3. DeNovo Pomegranate Glass Vessel Sink
4. Aspen Lodge - Golden Ridge Field Tile
5. Aspen Lodge - Golden Ridge Mosaic Field Tile
6. American Standard Cambridge Vessel Stand in Warm Walnut
7. Danze - Fairmont Vessel Sink Faucet in Oil Rubbed Bronze
Sleek and Sophisticated
1. Flat Stock Lighting - Triple Sconce
2. Burnt Espresso Wall Mirror
3. Spark - Smoky Glimmer Field Tile
4. Pegasus 18" Vessel Vanity in Espresso with Black Granite Top
5. Vigo Industries Magma Tempered Glass Vessel Sink
6. Danze - Fairmont Two Handle Wall Mount Bathroom Sink Faucet
So which concept is your favorite? Do you recommend any good sources for budget-friendly bathroom fixtures, tile, etc.?